Friday, February 1, 2013

Sometimes, it's hard to pull them in!

 
First day of school 2010
School days!
Everyone one of us has been through them,
some of us liked them, some of us didn't.

I remember loving going to my elementary school when I was a child.
However, as middle and high school came along, I didn't 
love it, but I didn't hate it either...it
was just something I knew I had to do.

Now that we are raising children of school age,
I am so thankful that we don't have to send them out in the cold to 
catch a bus.
 
The only thing we have to do is wake up, get dressed, have our breakfast,
clear table, brush teeth, get out the books and off we go!

The children do like being home for school and are very efficient in getting their 
work done without much trouble.

There are some days, that we do get a late start, but that is fine.
They enjoy the time together before we sit down to do our work
playing, reading, drawing, just doing things together.
I feel like some days they need that time to let their creative juices
get started that way, then come to the table and put them to work with
school. They are more cooperative, they seem to get it easier,
they do well..So, does it really matter if we start our lessons at
9 am or 1 pm? No, I truly don't think so.
Just so they do the work and do it with efficiency, that is what matters.

Some times it is hard to pull them in and that is when I know they need 
a bit of time together before I get them to do their work.

I thank God that I can see the need of this with these children and 
am glad that we can give them what they need. 
When you see straight A report cards at the end of the quarter, you 
know something is being done right!



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to drop me a line, let me know what you think!