Monday, February 4, 2013

SILENCE

You may be thinking, "Silence?!?  How/when does that household have silence?!?"

Well, I'll tell you when we have silence:
1) when the children are snug in their beds
2) when the children are playing nicely in their room or living room
(yes, it does happen!)

and

3) in the early hours of the morning
As the children in quiet mode, there are things I contemplate...as they sleep, I thank God for how busy they
were during the day, how healthy they are and what joy each one brings us. 

When the children are doing school, playing with their toys and games, or drawing and creating, I see the world through their eyes...the intensity with which they work/listen show they really are interested in what their current task happens to be.

During the early morning, before every one wakes up, I go downstairs, start a fresh pot of coffee and make my husbands lunch, thankful that I can provide a meal/snack to nourish him physically throughout the day.
Then when that is done, I have a few moments to just sit and let my heart open for the Lord to hear or
see what I may not be able to put into "proper" prayer.

The quiet of the evening and morning have become a very reflective time for me.  I am thankful that I have my Thursday evening Holy Hour to be with the Lord and give all my problems/concerns/thanksgiving to Him 

with no distractions of the little ones needing help, 
HOWEVER, I know that I can go to Him
even in the busiest moments of our day and offer up a quick pray and He will hear it.
So, you see, no matter how many children we have, no matter how busy our lives are,
you can always find time to have some silence in your life as I have in mine!
My prayer for you today is to find time to sit and 
listen to your heart, or let the Lord listen to 
what is on your heart.

and.....

EMBRACE THE SILENCE!

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking the whole time- "Be still and know that I am God"- love that you ended with that!!! There is great joy when we take the moments that we are blessed with to reflect on our great God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky: I truly feel like God has called me to take this journey..I am thankful for insight you have given me!
      Love you!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to drop me a line, let me know what you think!