Tuesday, February 5, 2013

FRIENDS

We all have friends...
some of them have been with us since childhood,
some are more recent and then there are
others are yet to be met.

I for one do not really have friends from my childhood, sure I am "friends" with a few on facebook, but it isn't the same.
They are mainly acquaintances, and that is fine because they are still a "friend".

The friends I have met through my MOMS group and the library have become important to me, not only for my sake, but for all the children.  

I am hoping that the time I spend with friends here at our house or at their house will be remembered by the children, because as mommies are 
growing their friendship, the children are also working on growing their friendship.

It is great to watch the bonds form for children. I love watching my "littles" play with children that they know.  Sure children fight or don't get along, but don't we as adults find the same thing happen on occasion?

When we hurt our friends or our friends hurt us for what ever reason, we need to show our children how to forgive and move on with the friendship.  
Or in the worst case,
 show how to dissolve a friendship with dignity.
 (not that we want it to happen, but sometimes it does, happen
whether it is our own volition or volition of the other party)
It is hard and we need to be strong, and mature and show our children
how to handle the disappointment of losing a friend.

We must also be ready to show our children how to apologize if we hurt a friend, or push someone away,
so they know what to do if these things happen to them.

Part of being a friend is knowing when to pull back if the friendship gets too hard to handle, or "suffocating"
showing the person you care by giving them space, 
and welcoming them back with open arms 
when they do come back.  
Just as the father did in the story of the "Prodigal Son".

 

We must not be jealous if a person goes away for awhile to explore new friendships, we must be glad for them.  And in return, I would hope that the person would do the same, and use the lesson to teach the children in the family.

We are wonderfully made by God, none of us are the same, just as there are not two snowflakes that are the same, however, we do have a lot of similarities, and that is what makes us friends.

We need to celebrate our similarities and differences, accept that we are different, and know that we may not always agree, but we will be there through the good and bad times.
 
I am thankful for the friends that have been with me through my sad times-losing mom and grandmother, 
and my happy times-births of our wonderful "littles".

I look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for each of us and for our children as we grow older and continue this crazy path called life!

God, please bless my friends of the past, present and future, as well as the friends of the littles!
 


2 comments:

  1. I thought you were the coolest thing when I was a little girl and we would visit with your family! So thankful that God has seen fit to cross our paths as adults and for the beautiful friendship that we share. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always looked forward to the "Mills" visits and HATED when you had to leave. Childhood memories are great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to drop me a line, let me know what you think!