Friday, February 15, 2013

Crazy days

I wouldn't trade my crazy days in for anything, sure some days it would be nice to sit and do nothing, but
if I were to have that opportunity, I would have to do something anyway...I would feel guilty for doing 
nothing. Looking at the piles of laundry, the sink full of dishes or other cleaning that needs done would get on
my nerves.

My children certainly keep me busy, starting the day off with dressing then eating breakfast. Sometimes we take daddy to work so we have the van to get a few things done. Upon coming home, we do our school work then clean up a bit and get the laundry caught up a bit.

By the time that is all done, it is time to start thinking about lunch and what to do for dinner in the evening, even preparing the food so there is less work to do later on. 

In the middle of all this, we have potty runs, boo boos to kiss, arguments to settle, diapers to change, a visit from a friend, sometimes a phone call to make or email to answer.

We can also throw in there, preparing for AWANA on a Wednesday evening or going to library on a Tuesday evening or Thursday afternoon (if it is warm enough for a walk). In the spring, we will throw in getting ready for t-ball for some of the children and when autumn rolls around again, it will be soccer time again.

I am looking forward to the day, soon coming, that we can get our school work done, pack lunches and enjoy a picnic lunch at the playground with friends to burn off pent up energy.

My days look crazy to some people, but not nearly as crazy as some other people.  I love my crazy days, and am thankful for all our littles...because without them, what would my day be like?

If you ask me, it would be BORING!!!!!!!!!  I'd rather my crazy, insane, sometimes wild days, to the quiet emptiness we will feel when everyone is grown up and out of our house...when that time comes, MAYBE I'll be ready for some "do nothing" days, but who knows.

I thank God for my crazy days!  
And I hope you enjoy yours as well, because we all know, 
"This too, shall pass."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to drop me a line, let me know what you think!