Tuesday, February 19, 2013

when it seems there isn't enough of you....

Princess and mommy

What do you do when you have two little ones that want your undivided attention, they fight each other to sit on your lap or to be held, they cry and don't want to share mommy with the sibling who is just as much in need of mommy?

Well, today, Princess and Tootlehead both wanted my attention, as I was trying to make some important calls in regard to Tootlehead's head pains...

mommy and pooh bear!
I sat on the sofa, and said to them both, look, I need to get these calls done, you need to sit quietly or play with your brothers.  Mommy NEEDS to get this done, doctor's offices do close or switch to their answering service after a certain time.  Naturally they didn't understand.  

I sat with them a bit longer one on each leg, then one started kicking the other, in want of more mommy lap.
Told them, if you can't share, no one gets on mommy's lap, you sit on either side.  That didn't satisfy them either. 

daddy and monkey man
I got up to finish my calls, and they all decided that life is good, enough mommy time has been had, so now I get to do my blog, well, almost with a free lap..a princess took residence again.  If I were on the sofa, she'd fall asleep, but that is life. I need to get a few things done, and if she wants to snuggle, she will take what she can get!  Tootle decided to draw, right next to mommy. 

I love how there are times it seems like there isn't enough of me to go around, but we always find a way to make it work out to everyone's advantage.  

They all get snuggle time during the day, it only gets bad if two are tired at the same time, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen....it happened a lot when we were battling all the bugs and viruses we had here that began around Christmas and lasted until the middle to end of January.  

 sunggles at the beach with daddy..a precious moment in time.
I really don't mind when they all want me at the same time, because I know that one day, they will be grown up and not want to snuggle with their mommy.  That day will be here faster than you can blink your eye, and that is something that will be bittersweet...I don't want my babies to grow up, but it is inevitable.  They are enjoyable to watch now, and watching them grow and learn is also enjoyable.
 
I will always remember, that they did once fit in my lap, even Mr. Fixit! Yes, the years do fly by in the blink of an eye...so enjoy!


 
Monkey Man, Pooh Bear, and our cousin,sharing a lap!



1 comment:

  1. I was reading this and remembering that moment that you captured in the last picture!!!! Yep, mama's lap is always big enough. I cuddled with Linds tonight and I am still not used to her being too big to fit in my lap. We have much to be thankful for, don't we?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to drop me a line, let me know what you think!