Wednesday, March 6, 2013

There'd be days like this....

The Princess
My past week or two have been filled up with appointments in and out of the area.  For some we were able to take school work with us, for others, it wasn't feasible so we'd wait until we got home.

Fortunately this week hasn't been so bad, nor is next week as we are going to wrap  up our third quarter of classes! 

You would think that this would make for a pretty easy week for us, normally it does however, little Princess has decided to go "Cling-on"....If anyone tries to sit with me she gets mad and pushes him away then puts herself right into mamma's lap.  


If we aren't sitting together, and I am trying to get some work done, she is following me saying, "Hold you mamma, hold you."  Meaning, she wants me to hold her.

If she still had her crib, I could put her in there to cry and deal with it, but she doesn't so that is not an option.
If she weren't so heavy, I'd carry her on my back in a pouch all day, but that is not an option either.  She is much too heavy.  So I suppose I will sit and snuggle my baby girl because I know one day she will be too big to sit on my lap, or be held on my hip.  The day will come when she won't want these things either.

I will cherish this time, make the most of being with my little girl and not really worry about the things that will keep, such as dishes or the laundry to fold...I can catch up when daddy is here to help out.  
Spring 2012

Thank you God for letting me be here for my children, thank you for letting me be the one they come to when they are happy, have something important to share, and when they are sad, tired, out of sorts, sick.
Let me always be here for them and remember that they will one day grow up and know that they can always come back to mamma with their joys or problems.  I will love them unconditionally until God decides that my time is up on earth, but I will love them even after I am gone.


1 comment:

  1. From one who is no longer able to pick up her daughter, I think you are right- just enjoy your time with her. Love you, cousin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to drop me a line, let me know what you think!