Monday, March 25, 2013

Counting our blessings!

Psalm 127:3
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 


You may or may not know but here is the news:

Our family is being blessed by God one more time--in early Autumn, we will
be welcoming baby number 7 to our family.

When we first told the littles, they were a bit quiet about it, but as time is passing, 
belly is getting bigger, making it harder for Monkeyman to get his little arms around me,
the thought is more exciting to him.
I love our night time prayers with the children as we ask God to bless each child, then
we always add, and the new baby.  I know His hand is at work with this precious
baby, and has been, even before I knew it would be happening!
This pregnancy is different, I feel a bit more tired, a bit more sick, but
a lot more at peace, for now anyway.
I am trying my hardest to make the most out of this and enjoy the time carrying this
child, because all too soon, he or she will make an appearance.
There is no where safer for the child than in it's mother's womb.  I am thankful to God
that he found my womb fit to carry my first 6 children to term with very little difficulties, maybe
some discomfort, but that ends eventually, and I want to remember that this time, no matter
how difficult it may get, I know I can rely on God for help during these times and in
times of doubt.

The big questions people have when you make the "announcement":

1) when are you due?
2) are you going to find out what it is?
3) names?
4) are you "done" yet?

I am going to get this out now:

1) around Oct. 7
2) we haven't decided yet
(the children want to know, but I am not sure I do...
I already know it will be a BABY, a gift from God, and that's all that matters
of course health is important too)
3) totally undecided at this point, and throwing names around, won't know
until we see our gift
4) it is God's will, and if He wills us to have more, we will gladly accept that fact.

At this point, I am patiently waiting for Friday to come, and it will hopefully be a very good day...
first of all, it will be my birthday, and I will get to see the baby during my Level 2 ultrasound, so
my birthday wish is that all will be well during my ultrasound. 
I am not going to bore people with the normal issues of pregnancy, as most won't really care,
(If for some reason, you do care to know, you can message me either here, facebook or email)
but if there is something major, I will ask for prayer.

I hope you will keep us in prayer on this day coming up, and throughout the pregnancy.


Proverbs 17:6
Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers. 


1 comment:

  1. Are there any boring parts to pregnancy?!! No, I don't think so. Celebrate it, my dear cousin! Rejoicing with you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to drop me a line, let me know what you think!