Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A day out for the clan

This morning, I took Brian to work in order to 
take Toodlehead to the ENT for an
overdue check up.

All went well, all the children were very good.

Princess even managed to get a few smiles out of an
elderly gentleman, then a grand smile from a woman
who reminisced on her days as a young girl
with two older brothers.

Toodlehead has one tube out and the other is on the way
out, so he needs to go back in four months...hoping that will
be it for him!

While getting ready to leave, a woman sitting with her husband (they came in while we were in 
the exam room) looked at them and naturally,
  I got the normal question:

"Are they all yours?"

Usually this annoys me...today was different. I looked at my 5 little ones getting bundled up,
looked at the woman and smiled then proudly said, 
"Yes, they are."

There are days when we are home and they are wild as can be, but when I take them out,
I can almost always be sure they will be on their best behavior.

I really needed this day out to help me always remember that God
chose Brian and me to be the parents of his wonderful children.

What an honor it is, 
Thank you God!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to drop me a line, let me know what you think!